Thursday, November 13, 2014

Promethea

Response to 3 questions
1) Are there any prominent symbols? If so what are they, and how are they used?

     There are quite a few symbols in this comic, to name a few are the Sun symbol, as well as the Circle, and a weeping Gorilla were the most prominent symbols I could see. The Sun may be alluding to monotheism of the side of the story that is overtaking, or attempting to overtake the old gods. The Circle I am sure represents the way that all of Prometheus's stories come back and repeat, as in when he story is in the past, then the break into many, and then the culmination of passing from one form to another.  I am not exactly sure about the Gorilla and I don't have a lot of time right now to sit and stir on it.
2) Discuss elements of the story you were able to connect with.

     I was able to connect to this story in a visual way more so than in a narrative fashion. The way that the pages were laid out and composed was pleasing to look at. Also the coloring was very good along with the line work. If I had to try to connect with the narrative it would probably be that I am well aware of college mid-terms coming up and sympathize with Sophie's frustrations. I can also connect with the metamorphosis aspect of this story, to change from one thing into another when Sophie was not even expecting it, is a very strong motif and makes for a great story.
3) What changes would you make to adapt this story into another medium? What medium would you use? What changes would you make?

     I am in GAD so of course my first inclination is to turn this into a game. I think I would adapt this my coming up with a  different way for Sophie to meet Mrs. Shelly. I would also make the Smees less of a dark shadowy figure and give it more physicality, for the sake of interacting with it in a game. In fact I may just rethink the Smees and their origins altogether so that I could come up with some antagonist Boss for Sophie to have a climactic end to.













No comments:

Post a Comment