Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Manga
     I found it facinationg the percentage of anime / manga that was sold in Japan. When you see that it takes up almost 1/3 of the printed material market in the whole country, you kind of have to just stand in awe of it for a second. 
     As I was groing up I was introduced to anime by way of Unico and Voltron before school, but my interest in it sort of stopped there, until recently I picked up Battle Angel and could not stop reading it. The plot is interesting and appeals to my love of sci-fi. The illustration also drew me in, and when I think about how much work a manga artist kicks out or the quality of each and every panel I feel like I have nothing with my life up to this point; a little depressing, I know.
     I did have a brief moment in my 20's where all I wanted to watch were anime features like Akira and Vampire Hunter D to name a couple. Both of these titles gave me an appreciation for anime that makes me search out new titles for features today.

No comments:

Post a Comment